Quick fix ...

This is Vogue 8604, made for some quick satisfaction. I made this to go with the Style high waisted skirt I made a while ago (seen here rescued from the laundry basket for this photo). They are a little matchy matchy alone, but with a vibrant top underneath, it will look OK. I like the jacket with a black long sleeve t shirt over jeans for a relaxed weekend look.


The black buttons I picked for my white coat turned out to be navy blue in the cold light of day. Very obviously navy blue. I need better lighting in my sewing room. As I am making bound buttonholes, I can progress no further until I visit the store and buy buttons tomorrow.

Fortunately, I have several things cut out and ready to go and I made this last night after I got home from a torturous easter lunch. Today I am making a skirt, which will go straight into heavy rotation as work wear.

Comments

Faye Lewis said…
That is vrey cute.
Sharon said…
My words exactly Faye and I can imagine it would look very cheeky with jeans.
Shannon said…
I have had that pattern on my to-do list forever. Your version makes me want to get it out and make one just as lovely.
At first, I thought it was a capelet! I love it.
Angela
gwensews said…
That jacket is awesome! I love the cape-like sleeves. Very chic. You asked about the fabric for my trench coat. It is aqua colored bull denim.

Popular posts from this blog

Flooded in again ...

Popping up